With its first-rate surgical staff combined with a clean, comfortable environment and outstanding nursing care, Meadowlands Hospital is a top choice for surgical procedures for many people in the area.
Meadowlands Hospital’s general surgeons have specialized skills and training in the diagnosis and management of many diseases and disorders. Because of this broad knowledge, general surgeons are often called upon by subspecialists to assist in the comprehensive care of an injured patient or for the complete care of critically ill patients in the emergency room and intensive care units. Expert treatment from general surgeons at Meadowlands Hospital is available to treat a wide range of diseases and medical problems, including:
• Breast cancer and benign breast disease
• Colorectal cancer
• Gall bladder disease and gall stones
• Gastro-esophageal reflux disease and hiatal hernia
• Disorders of the thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal glands
• Inflammatory bowel disease
• Restorative procto-colectomy
• Preserving the sphincter in cases of rectal cancer
• Liver disease
• Pancreatic disease
• Gastrointestinal motility disorders
• Benign and malignant stomach diseases
Highly respected surgeons work under optimal conditions in the hospital’s 6 modern operating rooms and 1 special procedure room.