- Digital Mammography and 3D Mammography (Tomosynthesis) are scheduled Monday-Friday, 7:30am –5:30pm.
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsies are scheduled every Wednesday, 8am–1pm.
- You must be at the Radiology Department/Outpatient Registration a minimum of 30 minutes before your exam.
- You need to bring all previous Images/Films with you.
Ordered to screen breast for masses.
- Please do not wear Perfume, Powder or Deodorant for the exam.
- You can eat meals as normal for the exam.
- There are no restrictions on any medications.
3D Mammography (Tomosynthesis)
Performed with digital mammography using the same scanner. It takes multiple images of the entire breast.
- Same preparation as for Digital Mammography.
Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
Done to locate a breast lump or abnormality and remove a tissue sample to be examined under a microscope.
- Outside Images must be brought in at least two weeks before procedure. If you have had Images at Meadowlands Hospital, there is no special preparation.
- You may eat a light breakfast on the procedure day.
- You cannot be on any type of blood thinner, e.g., ASPIRIN.